Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend: Bryce and Intern Gathering

This weekend has been amazing. On Saturday, several of us girls got up bright an early and hit the road for Bryce Canyon National Park. It was stunning. There really are no words to describe it, nor can my photos do it justice. It was one of the most beautiful days of my life. I was so happy to be able to enjoy the beauty with my intern friends. Here we are at the trail head (we ended up hiking a few more miles than we meant to!) and then there's a picture of the famous hoodoos.


Given that I hadn't felt well the previous few days, and even that morning, I was a little concerned about hiking at Bryce, given that it is 8,000-9,000 ft in elevation and I get altitude sickness at 4,000 feet! I definitely felt it a few times on the hike, but it was so worth it.

Today, Sunday, I took a rest day and it was lovely. I capped off the weekend with an intern gathering where Japhy's staying, which had the most spectacular views. Our intern coordinator, Leesa, was also there and it was a really relaxing, fun night. What a great group of people:

Left to Right: Karen, Steph, Meghan, Me, Leesa, Amy, Japhy, Ryan

All in all, a great weekend. I can't believe I only have two weeks left here. I feel like I have so much to do, both at work and at play! I have four more sights I want to experience and two projects to complete at work! I better get to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment