Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 4, Day 2: Research, Creek, Bonding, and TNR

Today was a slightly different type of day: I worked from home for my morning session. I am lucky enough to be helping Dr. Frank with his current research project on dogs who come from hoarding situations. I spent all morning working on ways to accrue dogs to the study. I think I made some good progress, and I'll work on it again on Thursday. I also spent a little time researching more facts for my other project, a pamphlet on bonding rabbits.

After a productive morning at home, I packed a lunch and headed to Kanab Creek on the Best Friends property to eat lunch with the other interns. It was so beautiful down there!


For my afternoon shift, I was scheduled to work at Rescue Village bonding rabbits. Today was pretty exciting because we put together the two rabbits that I started bonding last week, Scooby and Piper, and we added in the other two that we'd initially wanted to bond them with as well: Gretel and Emmitt. Bonding four rabbits was a little intimidating at first because I had to keep an eye on all of them to make sure no one fought. Luckily, it was a great bunch and pretty soon I was smooshing them together and they were lying all in a row, grooming each other!

They still have a long way to go before they're bonded, but I'll work with them again tomorrow afternoon and hope that things continue to go well. Imagine what bonding four rabbits does for a rescue organization: it gives four rabbits a better life and opens up space to take in at least three more rabbits! 


No comments:

Post a Comment